So here goes my first post about restaurants. And I will write about my favorite Valley hot spot, The Local Peasant. If I ever knew the Valley could be so hip and cool, I should have moved (and bought for that matter) years ago. This place is seriously amazing. Gorgeous food in a great vibrant atmosphere. My faves?
- Don’t miss the heirloom tomato salad with the burrata cheese.
- The drink menu is pretty crazy: Fresh squeezed watermelon juice made into a yummy adult cocktail? There was also this spicy concoction, I forget what it was called but super delish
- Sea salt and vinegar chips
- Bacon and eggs
- If you want to be real bad, the fish and chips are pretty damn good as is the grilled cheese and tomato soup
- And save room for dessert… the bread pudding is off the hook
At Ventura and Hazeltine. Directly across the street from the Ralphs. It’s the place with no sign. Yes one of “those places.” Get past that, and trust me, you’ll love it. Valet parking is in back.