Is there anything easier or better than homemade applesauce? Great for little babies, great to serve at Rosh Hashanah and Hannukah, great when a little one has a tummy bug. I always like to have it on hand – and it freezes great!
- A bag of apples – maybe about 8-10 depending on how much applesauce you want to make
- What kind of apples you say? Whatever you have on hand… Granny Smith always works great, but I just made a batch with Fuji and it was delish!
- Peel apples and take out the core
- Slice into slices then chunks
- The bigger the pieces, the chunkier the sauce
- Put into a pot
- Cover apples with water, but just below the top layer of apples in pot (apples already have a juice in them)
- Add about 1/4 c. – 1/2 c. sugar and a cinnamon stick
- Bring to boil and simmer covered for about 45 minutes stirring occasionally or until apples are all very soft
- Cool down
- Pour apple mixture into a Cuisenart to blend
- You can set aside a little bit to leave some chunky pieces… It’s up to you
- NOTE: Don’t put cinnamon stick in blender 🙂 You can use ground cinnamon if you want instead of the stick – just taste it and see if you want more cinnamon